Whether you are just looking us up for the first time or have been engaged in the ministries of the congregation for a lifetime, welcome to First Pres on the web!
Sunday Service Schedule
- Worship – 9:30 am
- Coffee and Refreshments – 10:30 am
Celebrate Advent and Christmas at First Pres!
- Sundays, December 1, 8, & 15, 9:30am—Advent Worship
- Wednesday, December 11, 7:00pm—Blue Christmas Worship Service held jointly with Bethel Lutheran Church at Bethel’s Highland’s Campus (504 Frontage Rd, Hudson)
- Sunday, December 22, 9:30am—Advent Worship, with lessons and carols presented by our choirs and the children of the congregation
- Tuesday, December 24, 6:00pm—Christmas Eve Candlelight Worship
Fellowship Hall, Fellowship Hall
Fellowship Hall, Fellowship Hall
Earth Care Speaker Series
This fall, we’ve been blessed to learn from various members of our wider community about how we can be more intentional in caring for God’s beautiful creation.
- Kate Marnach of Tare Market shared great tips on reducing waste. She shares some of the great tips she shared with us on her blog post “The Best Way to Begin Your Zero Journey.”
- Kris Poston, the St. Croix County Recycling Specialist, answered many of our questions about what is and is not recyclable in Hudson, commended this A-Z Recycling & Disposal Guide to us, and reminded us of the importance not only of recycling, but also of rethinking what we purchase and reusing, repurposing, and repairing what we can to further reduce waste.
- Kent Johnson, a retired environmental specialist with the Metropolitan Council, explained how we can help protect our waterways, offering these 10 things we can all do to help keep area waters clean.
- Melissa May, a member of First Presbyterian Church of Stillwater, Minnesota, shared about their congregation’s journey to becoming an Earth Care Congregation and their ongoing work to care for creation.
Senior Luncheon 2019
On September 12, the Deacons lovingly hosted the annual Senior Luncheon for members and friends of the congregation age 75 or older. More than 30 seniors attended. In addition to a delicious homemade lunch, attendees enjoyed a brief program which included pop-culture trivia from the decades of their youth, highlights of First Pres’ history, and several songs on the accordion by our own Dale Schmidt!
Service for Healing and Wholeness
On May 28, we held a special service for healing and wholeness at Lakefront Park. We gathered to sing and pray together for healing and wholeness for ourselves, for our neighbors, for our communities, and for our world. As part of the worship service, we tied prayer ribbons to create a river of prayers for healing and wholeness. Following this special worship service, we placed the river of prayers in front of the church, along the Vine Street sidewalk, so that people from the wider community could add their prayers as well.
In July, twenty-two youth and adults from the community (including a couple from our own congregation) traveled to Bozeman, MT, to serve with Habitat for Humanity, as part of Networks Youth Ministry’s MISHPack service trip. They laid sod, constructed saw horses, and helped with reorganizing and restocking supplies at the ReStore. Following their week of service, they spend 2.5 days hiking and camping in the Spanish Peaks. All enjoyed a week of exploring God’s call on their lives and God’s beautiful creation. Check out this video summarizing their trip!