Our family of faith was founded in 1855 and shortly thereafter bought property at the corner of 3rd and Orange Streets in Hudson. Over the decades, the church building would expand and change as the congregation sought to share God’s love and grow in faith through worship, education, and service in the community.
In addition to nurturing generations in Christian faith through worship and education, the congregation has sponsored a refugee family from Laos, supported a sister congregation in Nicaragua, fed the hungry through various local ministries, collaborated with other area congregations to provide a cooperative youth ministry for the community, and maintained a dynamic music ministry with gifted musicians of all ages.
In 2005, the congregation moved to its current location at 1901 Vine Street to continue its faithful Christian witness in the community and provide space for new ministry partnerships and opportunities. The new facilities have allowed the congregation to develop life-giving partnerships with diverse community groups, including the Bridge for Community Life, the River City Chorale, and the St. Croix County Public Health department who use the space regularly. In addition, the expanded space has allowed for the addition of a labyrinth for use by the community and a garden to grow fresh produce for neighbors at the Hudson Food Cupboard.
The congregation remains dedicated to sharing God’s love and growing in faith together for many years to come!