We seek to share God’s love in Hudson and throughout the St. Croix Valley by supporting organizations serving local neighbors in need and by sharing our building with community organizations.
Affirming God’s desire that all people have food to eat, we support:
- Hudson Food Cupboard, which provides groceries to neighbors in need in the Hudson School District. Twelve area churches volunteer to stock and staff the food shelf. Our congregation staffs the food shelf in April, collects food throughout the year, and assists with major food drives.
- Hudson Area Backpack & Food Programs, which provides nonperishable, child-friendly, food items to families in the Hudson area. Monthly/ as needed, our congregation provides grab-n-go snacks for the Raider Network stores at Hudson High School & Hudson Middle School.
- Give It Away Garden, located on the east lawn of the church, provides us a place to grow fresh vegetables for neighbors at the Hudson Food Shelf and clients of the St. Croix County Women, Infant, Child (WIC) Program.
Stocking shelves at the Hudson Food Shelf
Preparing for planting in the Give It Away Garden
Tying blankets for Safe Haven Foster Shoppe
Sewing for Bundles of Love
Affirming God’s deep love and care for children, youth, and other vulnerable people, we support:
- Youth Resource Committee, which works with school social workers and other local organizations to support youth in need by providing taxi vouchers, haircut gift cards, gas cards, handmade winter hats/ mittens, and other assistance as needed.
- Safe Haven Foster Shoppe supplies children entering a new foster home a placement bags filled with clothing, toiletries, blankets, and entertainment items to bring comfort in the midst of transition. We serve as a collection point for donations (all items should be new).
- Wisconsin Women Infant Child (WIC) Program promotes the health and well-being of nutritionally at-risk pregnant, breastfeeding and postpartum women, infants and children by providing nutrition education, breastfeeding education and support, supplemental nutritious foods, and referrals to other health and nutrition services. We are honored to host a St. Croix County WIC clinic once a month and to provide children’s books for the clients of the WIC program.
- Bundles of Love provides baby essentials (diaper bag, diapers, wipes, receiving blankets, clothing, washcloths, and more) to families in need welcoming a newborn into their lives. Our mission sewers make handmade clothing to be shared with these families. Sewers of all skill levels are welcome to assist on Mission Sewing Tuesdays (1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month from 9:30am until early afternoon). Mission Sewers come and go as their schedules allow.
- Bridge for Community Life provides community-based life skills training, employment services and social and recreational programs for youth and adults with disabilities in the St. Croix Valley. We serve as a host for some of their programs including their annual Valentine’s Dance and Come See Santa event. Bridge clients also help around the church with various tasks according to their skill level and help fill backpacks with food for the Hudson Backpack Program.
- Our Neighbors’ Place, based in River Falls, connects neighbors with support, shelter, and housing services to foster their self-determination. Our support includes collecting and delivering adult clothing for their secondhand store.
- Grace Place/Salvation Army, located in New Richmond, provides shelter and support services to families and individuals in the St. Croix River Valley, including residents of St. Croix, Pierce and Polk Counties. Our support includes collecting and delivering most-needed supplies.
Learn more about how we are Serving Globally here. Contact our pastor or the current chair of our Mission Committee with questions.