We worship Sundays at 9:30am.
All are welcome.
In the sanctuary or on Zoom (via computer, smart device, or audio call)
View detailed instructions on how to access virtual worship on Zoom (online or by phone).
Embracing our core value of “creativity, diversity, & balance in worship, music, & art,” our worship includes various musical styles and worship elements. Each week, in Scripture, song, and prayers, we give thanks to God for all God’s good gifts and seek God’s call to faithful service in the world. Throughout the year, we incorporate other special elements into worship with the changing seasons and for special occasions.
Recent and upcoming special worship elements and themes include:
- Wednesday, February 22, Ash Wednesday, “Drop In” Ashes & Pastoral Prayer.
- Sunday, February 26, 9:30am, First Sunday in Lent
- Sunday, March 5, 9:30am, Worship with Communion, Second Sunday in Lent
- Sunday, March 12, 9:30am, Worship, Third Sunday in Lent
- Sunday, March 19, 9:30am, Worship, 4th Sunday in Lent, with Annual Meeting of the Congregation following Worship
- Sunday, March 26, 9:30am, Worship, 5th Sunday in Lent
- Sunday, April 2, 9:30am, Palm Sunday Worship with Communion
- Thursday, April 6, 6:00pm, Maundy Thursday Dinner and Worship
- Sunday, April 9, 9:30am, Easter Worship
Worship Resources for All
Embracing our core value of “intergenerational worship & learning,” we strive to learn from and be led by God’s children of all ages. In worship, as in all aspects of our life together, we embrace the joyful wiggles, holy questions, Spirit-filled contributions, and honest reflections of all.
To assist worshippers in the sanctuary, we offer the following resources:
- Children are always welcome in worship. To assist families in worshipping together, worship activity bags (“Church Mouse” Bags) are available in the main entry hallway and a children’s play area is available in the Library, which is separated from the sanctuary by floor-to-ceiling windows, with sound piped into the room. A nursery for young children is available at the end of the west hallway of the church.
- The order of service is projected in the front of the sanctuary and LARGE-PRINT orders of worship are available from the ushers or greeters.
- Electronic hearing assistance devices are available from the sound booth volunteers.
To assist worshippers on Zoom, we offer the following resources:
- The order of service is projected to Zoom through screen sharing and posted on the homepage of the church website and church’s Facebook page each Friday.
- Closed captions are activated.
New to First Pres?
Learn more about what to expect in our worship services and community life.